Eating two or three bananas a day is an excellent antidote against depression. It is the equivalent of between 20 and 30 grams of carbohydrates and between 80 and 120-kilo calories. This amount is recommended by a study prepared by the Food and Nutrition Research Institute (FNRI) in the Philippines.
Tryptophan levels, a natural antidepressant, in bananas maintain serotonin levels in the brain. The tryptophan improves the mood of people, according to a study assures.
Filipino researchers also point out other virtues of bananas for health, such as their high levels of vitamin A, C, K, and B6, vitamin whose absence in the diet can cause insomnia, weakness, and irritability. They also emphasize that this vitamin regulates the level of glucose in the blood, which also affects the mood of people.
The institute adds that the banana does not produce cholesterol or promote obesity, but reduces the risk of heart attacks. Also, it helps to strengthen muscle mass and energy, especially in children.
Banana is a fruit that has great health benefits, although most of them are ignored, and only their properties are known to provide quick energy to the body.
Few people know that banana is an excellent natural remedy against depression because it contains tryptophan, a precursor to serotonin formation.
The properties of the banana are multiple, and we will detail some of its benefits.
Benefits of banana
– In addition to its natural virtues for depression and improving moods, bananas contain many other health benefits.
– Improves insomnia, eating one or two bananas before bedtime helps you sleep better; they should be eaten away
from meals to increase their effectiveness.
– Banana is a fast energy source necessary in the diet of children and athletes.
– Banana balances body fluids, which is beneficial for regulating hypertension.
– Bananas improve rheumatism, arthritis, and gout.
– Banana is good for anaemia because it stimulates haemoglobin production.
– Because of its pectin content, bananas reduce cholesterol levels.
– The inside of the banana peel applied to warts makes them disappear.
– Eating bananas relieves premenstrual pain.
– The banana soothes and prevents cramps due to its high potassium content.
– For the insect bites, rub the inside of the banana peel on them.