Learn how to prepare a homemade detoxifying salad to include in your healthy diet. Take note!
The detoxifying salad has a mix of superfoods such as papaya, pomegranate, cabbage that help to eliminate body fat in a healthy way and strengthen the digestive system. To do this, we will teach you how to prepare this rich and nutritious snack to share at home.
Also, Pomegranate is a superfood rich in flavonoids, a potent antioxidant that protects the immune system and slows cell aging prematurely. Its edible part par excellence is its ruby-colored seeds, which concentrate all nutrients, according to the Superfoods book, practical and nutritious recipes.
Remember that you can also consume the arils, which are the fleshy cover of the pomegranate seeds, these contain antioxidants.
How to make a green salad with fruit?
Thanks to Chef Karen Lema, we share the recipe for a detoxifying salad to include in your daily diet.
- 2 tied with stemless crested cabbage or kale
- 1 or 1/2 cups diced papaya
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the sweet and sour dressing: Mix the honey, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and water. Salpimiente and emulsify everything. Separate 5 tablespoons of dressing to add at the end.
2. In a bowl, place the chopped cabbage leaves and mix with the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes so that the leaves soften.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and add papaya and avocado. Spread the pomegranate seeds and add the 5 tablespoons of the dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Finally, we tell you that you can replace cabbage with spinach and add other fruits, both fresh and dried: grapes, pineapples, nuts, among others. Also, you can keep the dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week. The superfoods of the detoxifying salad will help you prevent diseases such as obesity and heart disease.