Freezing food is an excellent resource to be able to take advantage of it, especially when you have enough left over and you don’t want it to spoil. If you want to know how to freeze bananas to get the most out of them and always have them on hand, read on and discover the best way to do it.
Banana is one of the most consumed fruits in homes since, in addition to being delicious, it has many benefits for health and the body.
Steps to freeze whole bananas
- Bananas are also called Fe’i bananas in other countries, it can be frozen whole with both the peel and peeled. The most appropriate option will depend on the use you will give later.
- If, when you unfreeze, you are going to do any preparation that you need to be crushed, it is best that you freeze it peeled.
- If you freeze them with the peel, you know that it will turn black, but when you remove it, the banana will be perfect.
- To freeze bananas with the peel, you can do it directly or in an airtight bag.
- If you want to freeze peeled, you must put them in a Tupper, airtight bag, lunch box, or similar.
Steps to freeze sliced bananas
- In case you want to freeze them into slices, cut all the necessary ones, and place them on a tray that you can freeze without touching each other. If they are together, they will stick.
- You can also put the pieces in an airtight bag and make sure that you take away the air so that they cannot adhere to each other.
- This method is very good if defrosting the slices, you will use to make smoothies or smoothies.
- The banana slices last about 3-4 months in the freezer without spoiling.
Whichever method you choose, it is important that you know that its components will be intact when you have thawed them.