Having a stable partner is something that many people want, but when we finally achieve that stability, it is possible that routine, life in general and other issues that have to do with love, take a toll on our relationship. Let’s see below, a step guide in which we explain how to have a good relationship.
Maintaining a good relationship is important not only for the emotional stability of both parties but also, several studies indicate that people satisfied with their relationships are happier, have fewer health problems, cope better with stress, and live longer. Let’s see how to make our relationship as the healthiest of all.
Steps to have a good relationship
- Know your partner: Emotionally intelligent couples who have a good relationship know each other’s universe. They have a “love map” of the partner or the couple. That is, they know their tastes, preferences, objectives, values, worldviews, desires, fears, and hopes.
- Cultivate affection and admiration daily: The starting point of a rewarding relationship is the belief that your partner is worthy of respect and admiration.
- Respond to your partner: In relationships, we usually make “attention calls” to get the attention of the other, such as an invitation to share something we want to do. This means being attentive to the couple’s requests and responding to them as soon as possible. The more requests answered by both parties, the more affection will grow in your relationship.
- Solve the problems as soon as possible: Everything that can be resolved must be resolved as soon as possible, in order to avoid unnecessary wear and especially to avoid too long conflicts.
- Get out of the conflicts: If you have been in conflict for a long time, this situation may have led both sides of the couple to entrench you in your positions, since the basis of these conflicts is dreams (not always expressed Clearly) and values of the individual. The secret to getting out of the conflicts is to understand and honor the desire of the other (which is not the same as sharing). Perpetual conflicts are never – or rarely – resolved, but by giving in and trying to honor each other’s desire, the couple can make their way to find a solution so that the relationship damage is controlled and repaired.
- Share moments and feelings: Shared moments and feelings are a crucial aspect for health, longevity, and the quality of the relationship. The more moments of a couple you share, the more profound, enriching, and rewarding the relationship will be.