If you paint your nails often or smoke a lot, you may have noticed that your nails look yellowish or stained. Apart from going to the doctor to rule out any disease, recovering the white of the nails is possible, thanks to home remedies, so be careful because we offer you a simple guide of steps so that you know how to bleach the nails.
The problem of having lost the transparency or the natural shine of the nails is something that only aesthetics, although as we say, it is better to see a doctor if you suddenly notice that your nails are very yellow or maybe even have stretch marks. Also, at home, you can apply these remedies to make them look white again.
Steps to whiten nails with lemon
The key to be able to bleach the nails and make them perfect, we find it in the lemon that is, in fact, a natural bleach, and although it helps us to remove spots on the skin, we can also apply it to the nails.
- All we have to do is fill a bowl with the juice of a lemon and put the nails inside for about 5 minutes and rinse them with warm water.
- Alternatively, you can rub your nails directly on a lemon cut in half, a very useful remedy, especially for those who smoke. Smoking often, as well as on the nails, can even lead to spots on the fingers.
Steps to whiten nails with white vinegar
- The second remedy we want to suggest is to dilute some white vinegar in warm water. Vinegar is another mild acid product capable of removing stains from hard surfaces. However, be sure to use white, and apple, or balsamic, others may stain the nails in the process.
- Dip your hands in the mixture for 10 minutes, rinse with warm running water, and wash with plenty of neutral soap to remove the smell, apply a moisturizer, and repeat twice a week.
Steps to whiten nails with baking soda
- This other remedy is to mix a few drops of hydrogen peroxide with 3 tablespoons of baking soda, creating a kind of paste.
- Then, you just have to apply that paste on the nails. Massage well and let it act for five minutes.
- After that time you wash your hands with warm water, and you will see how almost miraculously, your nails look completely white again.
Steps to whiten nails with denture cleaner
- Another trick is to dissolve a denture cleaning tablet tooth in a bowl of hot water according to label instructions.
- Make sure the tablet has completely dissolved to get the full benefit of the detergent.
- Then, dip your hands in the detergent for 5 minutes, rinse, apply, and repeat 3 times a week.