Protect your hair and keep it always hydrated during this hot season. The temperature rises more and more during the days of summer, and before that, we must devote more exceptional care and dedication to both our skin and our hair. That is why we have prepared a series of recommendations so that you know the importance of keeping it hydrated, especially in the hot season of the year.
Whether we go to the beach or the pool, where our hair is defenceless against the effects of chlorine, or if we walk the path from our home to work or to our place of study, our hair is exposed to UV rays. All this generates greater dehydration.
Thus, the application of moisturizing masks is vital to give a break to our hair. We all want to have hair that looks healthy, strong, and beautiful; however, what are we willing to do to achieve it? Find out how to keep it hydrated and what you should avoid to harm it. Remember that caring for your hair is only up to you.
How to hydrate it?
- The key to everything: balanced and healthy eating. In this case, it will depend on your lifestyle, your weight, and height. It is recommended that you attend a nutritionist to give you a diet according to your needs.
- Use extravagant shampoos and conditioners to moisturize the hair.
- Apply moisturizing oils, such as olive oil or almonds, from half to ends in your hair after washing.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin B and E.
- Consume at least two litres of water a day.
- The hot-water that people use to rinse their body in the bath might also be scalding your hair. Cold baths have some well-being benefits, and making hair grow faster could be among them. After you shampoo and condition your hair in the shower, rinse your hair under a cooler temperature of water for a minute or two to revitalize strands and refresh your scalp.
How to prevent damage?
- Reduce the use of dryers and irons, and if it is difficult to stop using it, you can consider ionic dryers.
- Do not pick up your hair when it is wet.
- When we go to the beach or spend a lot of time in the sun, in addition to using sunscreen for the skin, we must do the same with the hair as both suffer the consequences of UV rays.